Tails from the Road

After two days in Richmond VA this week for work, I am getting ready to head home this evening. For the most part, my running has been uneventful which works best for me.

Monday morning, I was up and out the door for 8 miles at 6 AM. Taking a left in front of the Hilton, I headed toward downtown Richmond along Broad Street. When traveling, I tend to stay on the same street for as long as possible. When you don't know the area and start taking lots of different streets, it is very easy to get lost. I did that once in Providence RI. It was not much fun. The road is wide and the traffic isn't very heavy. However, the only ambient light comes from the surrounding businesses. It might be a tough route to run during the winter months.

This morning was a 12 mile run so I took the right along Broad Street and just keep running. Along the way, I passed numerous restaurants and shops but most of this passed rather quickly and soon I was running in open country side. These are the kind of roads that I like best with plenty of clean air and few cars. Running before the sun comes provides a different experience. The temperatures are cool, the hills don't look as steep, and the road looks different. Sometimes, I think I have run too different roads as night changes over and becomes day.

Ah, time to sign off now and head for work.

Comments

Popular Posts