How do you spend your day off?

As the day winds down, I thought I would share how I spent my day off. It wasn't an ultra exciting day but to be honest, it was fun.

Well, the day started out 4:45 AM this morning. I had emailed Nathan last night to see if he wanted to get in any early run this morning. Nathan is another early riser so I can usually count on him wanting to hook up just about any morning for a run. We met the Huntersville Business Park where we ran 7 miles together. Nathan broke off and headed home. I headed into the parking lot and finished the 7 miles with Tabata workout. Followed it with some easy stretching and headed home.

I spent the next 3 hours refueling before heading out for a 26+ mile bike ride. Most of my bike rides follow a loop around my house. This way if I get tired or have a flat then I don't have far to walk home. You can insert your laugh or smile here :) .

Compared to other rides, today's ride felt rather easy. I guess I am saving something considering that I have a big tempo in the morning.

I was back at my house by 12:30 and grabbed some lunch. After cleaning up, it was off to TrySports to pick-up some much needed running shoes and catching up the TrySports crew. Jin was fantastic and fixed me up with just the shoes that I wanted.

I wish I could have spent all afternoon hanging out the store, but I wasn't finished with the workouts for the day. On my way home, I stopped by the Y outdoor pool for a quick swim about 3:30 pm. The water was a little cool but it felt really good on a tired body. I then hung out for a while before heading home and dinner.

I wasted the rest of the evening eating dinner and watching a Netflix movie.

I will be hitting the bed early to night. Tomorrow's tempo run should be a dozy and I will need all of the rest that I can get.

Well, this is how I spent my day off with three different workouts to stress the body, plenty of food to refuel the body, and a nice movie to entertain the mind for a few hours. And to be honest, I don't really feel tired but I will probably fall asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow.

Good night to all.

Comments

Popular Posts