The Stick before Stretching

I bought my first Stick in the mid '90 and have been using it regularly ever since.

But recently, I was listening to a video on the stretching which suggested everyone should warm up for 5 to 10 minutes before stretching.

I don't typically warm up before stretching but I do regularly use The Stick before stretching.

It is my understanding that The Stick perform two functions.

First, before workout The Stick can be used to warm up the muscles by rolling The Stick over the muscle - 20 to 30 times.

After the workout, The Stick can be used to help work tightness out the muscles and promotes the removal of Lactic Acid from the muscles.

I wonder if my time using The Stick before stretching could be spent taking a quick walk around the house.

Thoughts?

Comments

Ben Hernandez said…
I ran cross country in high school and continued off and on (mostly off) for several years after. About four years ago I turned my ankle pretty badly, I think it actually might still be broken. And then about two years ago I started getting IT band syndrome. My ankle still bothers me even though I continue to run, but the IT band issue is gone thanks to The Stick and warm-ups and lots of stretching. For the last couple of months I've started getting my body back in shape to run a 10K again. I'm up to about 4 miles right now and enjoying running again. I'm really glad I found your post. I'll definitely keep tabs on it for running info...and thanks for the list of races. I'm not quite there yet, but hope to be soon. take care. ben
I am glad to hear that you are healing up nicely. I am still running but the ITB experience is painful. I am counting the days and hoping for pain free run soon.

Popular Posts