North Meck Trail

This morning the temperatures were in the teens, but the wind was not blowing and the sunny was shining.

I made it to the North Meck Park about 7:30 AM.

It took about a mile and half before I felt warm. Always, the first 15 minutes of running are rough on cold days. Usually my hands are the toughest to keep warm, so today I opted for mittens and some of those little hand warmers.

I was able to run pretty much the entire first loop pain free. Then, during the 2nd loop I started to feel some real stinging on the outside of my knee and down my leg. At this point, I was unconsciously letting my body compensate for it because my hamstring started to sting as did my calf.

While running was painful, I didn't have to stop. To manage the pain, I just tried stay relaxed and let my body run normally.

Patients is not something that I have in huge quantities. But I will need to be patient if I want to get over this injury quickly. And, might I say "quickly" is a relative term.

Comments

Coach Spencer said…
Never been there before. What's it like? Thanks for the comment. Maybe I'm just sick. Either way, I'm going to be ready to go next Saturday!

Popular Posts