ITB for sure

After my run this morning, I am fairly certain that I have ITB now. That is, if I didn't have it before, I ran hard enough this morning to ensure that I do now.

A long time ago, I was running with this guy and he told me - "If it is hurting, just keep running on it. And, one of 2 things will happen. Either it will get better and you have trained through it or it will hurt to the point where you cannot run".

In the years since that run, I have pretty much lived by that credo. If I can run, I will try to run through it. In almost all cases, I have been pretty success except when it comes to ITB.

The 2 other times that I had ITB I had to curtail my running workouts to the bare minimum.

After my run today, I am going to do just that. I am pushed off the marathon training for now.

For the next 2 weeks, I am going to attempt 6 mile runs each day if possible. Then, to maintain my cardio, I am to pick up some other cardio. Possibly, I will add some biking and stairmaster to my daily workouts. Also I am going to expand on my swimming. Although, I am not a very good swimmer. And, I will definitely add some core workouts to my regiment.

The rest of the time, I will be applying ice 3 times per day and stretching.

The previous 2 times, it took about 2 months before I was back running decent mileage and 4 months before I was running full throttle.

So now that a spring marathon is out of the picture, I am going to focus on being ready for some of the Grand Prix here in Charlotte and maybe getting ready for OBX in the fall.

Everything depends on how fast that I can recovery from this injury. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Comments

Popular Posts