Pain how much is too much

Today, I was writing about pain because it is presently in the fore front of my mind.

As you know, I have ITB in my right knee and have been working through the recovery process.

Well today, I needed to do some testing on my knee. I really want to run the Uwharrie 20 miler next weekend but I am not sure if my knee will carry me for 20 miles.

So it was my goal for today to see how my knee felt after running 14 miles on the North Meck. Trail.

For the first 3.5 miles everything was pretty good. Then through the 2nd loop my leg started to sting really bad.

I was smart enough to not run any harder. Rather, I just slowed down and continued to run on it.

As the run progressed, my knee just became numb to the pain. It didn't hurt any more but it didn't hurt any less. But, yes, it did hurt badly.

But I accepted this is part of the test and worked my way through.

When we endure pain, we learn a lot about our selves. I learned that during a training I am willing to accept a lot of pain, but I don't feel that I want to race through that type of pain.

So for Uwharrie, I guess that I am out for this year.

Comments

Popular Posts