ITB - Running with Pain

Oh, I had to update my blog and the main thing on my mind right is the status of my right knee.

On the 3rd of January, I had just finished running 18 miles and was feeling pretty good about my self. I was in the kitchen putting away the dishes from the dishwasher when instead of turning to open the cabinet by facing it, I just twisted at the knee. I have done it a 1000 times. This time I felt a strange twinge in my right knee.

I didn't think any more about it at the time. But as the day progress, I noticed that it felt tight and sore. Then, by evening, it seemed to be ok.

Over the next week, I felt the same tightness and twinge as I was running. The pain is not bad but it is just enough to make you notice it.

Now, I am concerned that it might be the onset of ITB.

However, from the reading that I have done on it, ITB just gets worse the longer that you run on it. My knee doesn't really get any worse, but it is pretty much the same. I can even run sections of my workouts with no pain at all.

I will be running along and when step a little akwardly, it spikes with pain.

Being a hardheaded runner, I am runnning a lot miles and wanting to run a marathon in a few months. I cannot really back off the miles without giving up my plans for the marathon.

For now, I am taking anti-inflamatories and icing down my knee. After two more weeks, if it is not better, I will probably just scratch off any attempt at a spring marathon.

Maybe I will be able to run a fall marathon.

Comments

Popular Posts