Early start time


Rain was expected to arrive in Charlotte sometime during the AM hours this morning. As I thought about, it I had my choices for runs. I could run alone in what would probably be a down pour, but gain a few extra hours of sleep. Or, I could join in with a crew heading out of the Y at 5:30 AM.

Humm, decisions, decisions.

Ok, it wasn’t much of a choice.

I rolled out of bed and headed for the Y.

We had a pretty good group. John, Raiz, Laurie, Chris, and Zack made our 5:30 start. We followed the last 5k of the Thunder Road ½ marathon before joining the Run for Your Life training crew on their run. We also picked up John and Todd to add some spice to our running stew. Along the way, we also ran into a few other guys including Ed.

For the better part of 8 miles, we had dry weather. Then along Colville Road, the skies opened up and continued until we hit Queens Rd where it had not rained a drop. At least this was a decently warm rain and not one of those bone chilling rains.

Overall, I have to say this was one of my better runs. I suspect it was by in large due to the great company that pulled me along this morning.

I appreciate the assist this morning guys and lady.

 

The Cool Down Runner

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts