Awesome morning for a run


My fingers were left tingling as the thermometer dipped into the 30s this morning. Months of sweat drenched mornings have passed since the last time they felt this way.

This all happens to occur on what I feel is arguably my favorite day of the week to run - Sunday. Rising early, I get to see the sun rise of over the horizon. My eyes slowly adjust as the darkness yields to the dawn. My shadow casting a long dark outline of a runner on the road ahead me but with each passing minute the sun rises into the crystal clear Carolina blue sky; I am gaining on him. As my shadow reluctantly relinquishes it lead, there is the sudden awareness that the long streets of Charlotte are car free for as far as the eye can see.

There is just this gentle quiet time before world begins to stir that make it seem so special.

Remember to stop and look around once in a while, otherwise you are going to miss out on the world around you.

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts