24 Miler


I wasn’t really in the mood for a mid week long run but when it is must; there is no point in procrastinating.

So well before the sun rose over the horizon, I was already clicking off the first of two laps around my 12 mile course.

For the first time this year, I was carried my hand held bottles and Gatorade chews.  Many of my runs ended with me so hungry and thirsty that I was no desire in repeating those finishes. Just saying this was the reason for carrying this extra stuff.

The first loop was all about getting it done.

The second loop was more about pushing and pushing and pushing some more. My last 10 miles got progressively faster and I was able to finish the 24 mile with a 6:38 mile.

There wasn’t really good reason for me to run faster the last mile. Other than, I noticed my Garmin said 3:03 and running under 3:10 sounded like a pretty nice goal time.

The process continues and with each run I hope my endurance grows closer to what it was. Sub 3 hours is my A goal for this year’s fall marathon.

 

One more long run in the books,

The Cool Down Runner

 

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts