Icy day run

The sun was ready to set over the western horizon. The time has finally arrived for me to lace up my running shoes and head out my front door. The predawn snow, freezing rain, and sleet had done a number on Charlotte. Travel was brought pretty much to a standstill. While only the hardest and most adventurous runners had attempted morning runs.

I might have chanced it but with a race looming this coming week. I allowed common sense to rule over my running sense.

To my surprise, the roads were pretty much clear and dry. Yes, there were a few places where the trees and houses had shaded the road. There was a good covering of ice in these spots. The same could be said for the sidewalks.

Even before pushing the door closed, I had decided on pushing out my ladder workout by a day. Getting in a nice safe run seemed the best option. The miles were slow but then I tiptoed through icy sections during my little neighborhood exploration.

In the grand scheme of things, this was just another day that needed a run checked off and this is exactly what happened - adapt, improvise, and overcome.

 

Icy thoughts,

The Cool Down Runner  

Comments

Popular Posts