Tempo Runs continue


There were plenty of clouds but there was no rain during my tempo run this past Tuesday. The temperatures were down but the humidity wasn’t.

My run was pretty much followed the “norm” of my previous efforts. The first four miles was slower than the second four miles. They were not as fast as I would have liked. I feel like they need to be faster so I am better prepared on race day. I guess doing them solo isn’t helping. Somewhere during the first couple of miles, I find my happy place, and instead of continuing to push; I opt for maintaining my status quo.

The one bright spot, I monitor my heart rate during these efforts, and it was down over 10 beats from previous tempo runs. Of course, it could be just because of the overcast skies, but I hope it is a sign that I am improving.

Hard to believe but I have just 6 more weeks of training before Wine Glass. Wow, it seems like only yesterday that I started.

 

Sharing one thought at a time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts