Just off center

For the last 2 weeks, I feel like things have been just a little off center. Before my accident, I was starting to get that feeling. Some may call it "Mojo", but I felt like my running was starting to hit on all cylinders which has not happened in a while. I was hitting my workouts better than I expected. I was feeling motivated to go run and life in general was pretty good.

Boom, I get into this accident and life has just been different.

The following weekend, I seem to be dropping everything that I picked up. Sometimes, it was two or three times. I was making silly mistakes. I'd go out to my car and not take my keys. I would fill my hand held bottles and leave them at the house. I even headed to the "Y" one evening to run and took two different shoes. Lucky for me, I at least got on for the left foot and one for the right.

But there have been other things too.

Over the past week, my back has been extremely tight or stiff depending on what is the best word to describe it and the side effect has been that my gluts have been hurting. My hamstring has been hurting, and now my knee. It seems as if the effects from my back are rippling down my legs. I am sure continuing to run has not done anything to help it.

Today, it will be 2 weeks from the accident. And, I am hoping things get back to normal soon.

This weekend was to be my 50k long run before OBX. Monday, I was so looking forward to it. Today, I am not even sure that I am going. Yesterday's run was a painful 10 miles. As I walked up my driveway, I couldn't image running another 21 miles. But I am the eternal optimist and holding out hope until after my run tomorrow before I make my decision.

Keep your fingers crossed for me.


 

Sharing one thought at time,


 

The Cool Down Runner


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts