Tuesday’s up tempo workout

Tuesday morning, I was out at Mc Alpine for my up tempo workout of the week. Nothing too hard or long was on the agenda.

I just wanted to do 6 x 600 and 2 x 2 miles.

I started with 2 x 600 around Lake Mc Alpine and hoped it would get my motor running. I am a notorious slow starter.

Then, I ran the first 2 miles along the 5k course: 6:23 and 6:17.

Back to the loop around the lake I had to complete 2 more 600s.

Finally, it was the last 2 miles again along the 5k course: 6:17 and 6:14.

I finished things off with 2 more 600 repeats around the lake.

My total mileage for the day rounded off to about 14 miles. I was tired but felt like I still had something left in the tank. My hamstring and glut still don't like these up tempo workouts but at least they are not complaining too loudly that I cannot run the next day.

I was really glad that I have this one in the books. Shows that I have some promise for a bright future later in the year.


 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts