Crunching the numbers

End of the month means working the emails hard and crunching the numbers. That's what I have been doing the last couple of days.

On the first, the Mile Program reminder email went out and I have been working the replies ever since. Most people are pretty good about getting back to me. Some even get some extra "props" from me for getting their Feb. miles in before I even sent the reminder email.

So once the emails traffic slowed over the weekend, I turned my attention to gathering the list from Athleticore for the CRC members. Pretty easy for me to pull the list, but not so easy merging it into my existing mileage program list. After the fact, I realized that I should have done it differently. At this point, it is too late, and I kind of stuck with the manual merging up the monthly totals until I figure out a better "mouse trap". Mind you, I am not complaining, but just saying it like it is.

Well, I expect a few more mile totals to trickle in over the next few days. Then, I will send it over to Caitlin for posting in the March CRC news letter. The Feb. numbers have already been posted to the CRC blog.

The work is not over just yet because there are some race results to pull from the 3/1. But no worries, I will have them pulled, processed, and sent to Caitlin later this week.

Then there is the top 15 thing that Aaron has been chomping at the bit in the background for me to do. The man's enthusiasm knows no bounds. I saw where he came up with this subjective evaluation of the ladies talent around Charlotte and posted it on his blog. Who knew Aaron even had a blog.

Well, I am not the subjective type so any evaluation that I do will have some numbers around it. I'm not quite sure what it will be just yet, but I have some ideas on how to match up times across different distances. But I need a good 3 or 4 days to get the data necessary together to create the rankings. It might be one of those things that will just take until the end of the month.

The primary reason is I have been looking at creating some running related mobile apps for my Android phone. I just need to set down and get 8 to 10 hours of uninterrupted time. Problem is, it just hasn't happened. I hope to do so before the next CRC board meeting but we will see. Life has a way of messing with the best of plans.


 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts