Running With Payne

This story goes back a few months. In early Feb I headed out to watch some of our fellow CRC members do the Charlotte Ultra 50k and 10k runs on the Mallard Creek Greenway.

Well, after I finished up my run before the race and was heading back to my car to change, there was this guy a car over getting ready. Of course, I asked if he was running and we talked about the weather. He told me does Ultra runs and was happy to find this one here in Charlotte, NC.

Well, one thing lead to another he tells me about his running across America. Now, it isn't every day you get into a conversation with another runner and they say that they have run across America. Needless to say, I was probably a little skeptical at that moment, but hopefully, I didn't show it.

Our conversation continued and he reaches into this car and pulls out this book. The title is "Running With Payne" in which he told me that he chronicles his journey across the US. I took the book, thanked him for it, and vowed to read it.

True to my word, over the past couple of months I have been reading it.

That runner's name was Randy Ellis and his book is an interesting read. His journey goes from Santa Monica Beach, CA to Myrtle Beach, SC. and for a major portion of the run he follows the old route 66 road. I don't want to give away everything in his book because I think everyone should read it, but I will say that throughout the book he talks about his reasons for running, the people he meets, and the things that he sees along the way. I found myself doubled over laughing at some of the stories in his book.

If you are interested in finding our more about Randy's Trans America Adventure, click here.


 

Sharing one thought at time,


 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts