15 min Ez, 45 min @7min, 15 min Ez

Megan's getting a new training plan so last night she asked if I would join her for her workout. This morning we started off with 15 minutes of pretty easy running. Then, we followed it with what was projected to be 45 minutes with a pace between 7 and 7:20. The last 15 minutes was a little over since we had to get back to our starting point.

Not sure, but I think my legs were not ready for it. The first 15 felt okay enough. But the 45 minute portion was not as easy as I would have liked. Now we were not exactly doing 7 to 7:20. More like, we were doing 6:45 to 6:50. I was not really winded but I can tell my legs were just not enjoying it. My legs just felt lethargic. But once we eased back a bit during the cool down, they felt much better.

Really, I shouldn't be too surprised. Yesterday, we knocked out 18 miles so I was definitely running on some tired legs. When I look at it from that perspective, it does make me feel better.

I always feel better when there is an explainable reason for dragging during a workout. It is when I am dragging and I shouldn't be that it bothers me.


 

Sharing one thought at a time,


 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts