A long run loves company

Earlier this week my thoughts drifted to today's long run. Somehow, I knew running a solo was possible but just undesirable. So I kicked off a few emails and did a couple of post on the Charlotte Running Club facebook site. At first just got one response. Then, I got another.

This morning I showed up and found more than a few new faces. This was along with many familiar faces. The only thought that came to mind was awesome.

As the hosting leader I took up the challenge for keeping things interesting. With a few people arriving later and a few running shorter distances, we couldn't venture too far from home base. While not easy, I was able to come up 3 different 6 mile loops.

For non-runners 2 and ½ hours might seem like forever, but when there is a group running together, time passes quicker than one can imagine.

I would trade solo long run for a group long run any day.

So guys, I am much appreciative of the group support. Today's run seemed to pass in no time at all.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 

 

Comments

Popular Posts