7 mile progressive run

The weeks seem to be flying and before I even realize it Boston will be here. But for the time being, I was out pounding the roads yesterday and use the word "pounding" for a reason. With each step, my feet felt like they were being banged into the asphalt.

I don't really know the reason for this feeling, but it was just one of those runs where I could hear the loud slap of my shoes against the pavement.

Of course how it really felt aside, the progressive run started off a little slower than I wanted.

After an easy 2 mile warm up, I started to push the pace. Almost, immediately, I hit multiple icy patches. I must have looked pretty dumb running along waving my hands and arms as I tried to maintain my balance.

Luckily, the icy section only was on a short section of the course. The rest was icy free which meant after a 6:50 opening mile, I could get down to business. Miles 2-5 were run all in the 6:11 to 6:15 range. Miles 6 and 7 were run at 6:06 and 6:03.

Mile 7 left me feeling pretty good because the last ½ mile started an uphill climb with the last 200 meters at about 7% grade. The legs were grinding to maintain the pace and just about the time I hit the top of the hill, I clicked over to 7 miles and was finished.

From there, it was a nice easy 7:30 cool down mile back to my house. Total time for the workout was 69 minutes including warm up and cool down for a grand total of 10 miles.

Now for the year, I have put in 3 nice progressive runs. Each has been solid and I felt good walking away from each one.

Thus, I am cautiously optimistic about my training and hope to continue these strong efforts throughout my Boston training.

On a side, I would have posted my Garmin Data but from some unknown reason the Garmin Connect is down. Their face book page says they are working on it. I have not seen when it will be back on line.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner.

Comments

Popular Posts