First day back

After running easy for the last couple of month, it was now time to start turning up the screws a little tight. I am talking major effort, but this work out was something to get me rolling again. I felt tight and stiff throughout the run. And, I was happy that it took just over two loops to complete the workout.

The work out started with a 3 mile warm up. I am definitely getting older because it is taking me longer and longer before my heart rate starts to settle down. I suspect one day, I will need to run a full marathon just to get it to the point where I feel ready to run.

Then, it was off for 2 loops of a 2.5 course. The course was a rolling hill course with some long down hills which were followed by short steep up hills.

My breathing and heart rate remained high throughout the entire effort but I pretty much expected it.

The final 2 miles were used as a cool down back to my house. I could probably have used a little cool down but it was better to keep the entire workout to 10 miles.


 


 


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts