Being seen is always important


It can never be said enough that when running during the dark hours of the day, it is of the utmost importance to be seen. In recent years, manufacturers of running apparel have taken this to heart. All most everything that we runners buy these days from gloves, hats, clothes and even vest come with reflective materials made into them.

This brings me to my current topic – reflective clothing.

While browsing the Thunder Road Marathon Expo, I came across one vender selling Reflective running apparel. This is not unusual to see this type of stuff at an expo but what caught my attention was their unusual designs. Enough so that I bought both a long sleeve running shirt and hat.

The company is called RUseenN Reflective Apparel.

To date, I have worn my shirt and hat multiple times as those of you that I run with can attest. Both pieces stand up well to washing and regular wearing.

The long sleeve short cost $35.00 and the hat cost $12.00.

They also sell a number of other items including: arm band, belt/sashes, gloves, tape, safety lights, and vest. The shirts come in both a short and long sleeve option. Most items come in two basic colors: lime green and blaze orange. They do vary the color options from lime green and orange color when it comes to hats and vest.

While I didn't find any issues with either the shirt or the hat, there was personal preference that I would like. I would prefer the cuffs on long sleeve shirt to taper down tight against the wrist. The primary reason is the colder temperatures that come with running during the winter and at night. Loose sleeves let in the cold air.

The other change that I would like to see is having something other than the angel wings or the skeleton on the shirts. While I realize the significance of both, neither design is my favorite. Personally, I would like to see a big smiley face J with the words "runner" on top and "thanks" on the bottom. This would be my way of letting driver know that I am there and that I appreciate the extra space they are providing as they pass by me.

Just one of other note, some might consider the cost a bit pricey but at the end of the day can you really put a cost on your life. Running is dangerous enough. Running at night is doubly dangerous.

So be "Seen"


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts