30 seconds – hard up, hard down

After my run Saturday I was little disappointed in my climbing, but I was also disappointed my ability to descend as well. With climbing, we all have an excuse, the heart and legs will only allow us to go only so fast. However, descending is entirely different. This has to do more with how hard you are willing to push.

For whatever the reason, I just wasn't able to legs and body work as well as I wanted.

So this morning, I was back out pounding the hills again. This time I was going 12 x 30 seconds up the hill with a 30 second recovery and then hard down the hill for another 30 seconds.

I picked this little stretch of road which use to part of highway US-21 until they change the road pattern for 485. Now, it is just 300 meters of straight road with a slight incline. There is no traffic and is absolutely perfect for running repeats.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

 

Comments

Popular Posts