Up Next Continental Divide Trail Race

Tomorrow, I am heading up to Laurel Springs for the Continental Divide 10K Trail Race which doubles as the USATF-NC Trail Championship. From what I hear and understand, this is one of the toughest trails around.

Looking at the results from last year only 1 guy broke 40 minutes and Aaron S. ran like 43 minutes. Aaron and I hooked up a few years ago in a 50k. Aaron is talented runner and capable of running very fast times.

I am a little more realistic with my goals for this race. I don't race trail races very often and I certainly don't expect to go at break neck speed tomorrow.

My primary goal is to stay up right for the entire race. My secondary goal is to try to break 50 minutes. I suspect both goals will be difficult to achieve.

Watching video from last year, I saw runners walking up some of the hills. This really tells you how tough the course really is.

Wish me luck for tomorrow.


 


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go get 'em Bill!
- Stan

Popular Posts