Tour De Elvis

Later today, I am off to Albemarle, NC for the Tour De Elvis. The folks in Albemarle are putting on a 5k tonight at 8pm and then following it up with bike tomorrow morning. The bikes rides include a 40k, 60k, and 100k starting at 8 AM Saturday morning.

When I first heard about the events, I was pretty set on doing the 100k ride, but as I thought more about it, I decided why not do both.

I guess I felt a little guilty from skipping out on Peter's Beach Blast race in May. Thus, I am now trying to make up for it.

My training plan has today scheduled as a stressor day but instead of doing some repeats, I am opting for a 3 mi tempo and then I will follow it up with some 4 to 6 x 1 min on/off.

Since I have not been to Albemarle in a while, I am looking forward to a fun time. Jinnie and Stan are meeting me at 7pm near the starting are for a little 3 mile warm up. This will be a good chance for me to hear some more of Stan's coyote calls. No real goals going into this race. My tempo plan is to keep a nice steady hard pace all the way through the race.

Afterwards, I will grab a few hours of rest. Saturday will start early for a 7 mile run before heading out on their 100k bike ride. I have no idea what the course is like, but my plan is to just blend with the group and hang on.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 

Comments

Popular Posts