5 Days left until OBX

With 5 days left before OBX I just want to hold off any last minute injuries and colds. I am usually do not have a germaphobia, but lately I found my self washing my hands a lot more frequently.

This is just part of the things we do when we don't want to waste all of those hours that we spent running those tempo, progressive, fartlek, and long runs for the last three months.

My legs are starting to feel good. While the runs have not felt easy, I have noticed that they have gotten faster. Which I believe is an excellent sign.

This morning I stopped by the McAlpine Greenway for 9 easy miles. It was relatively quiet. I only saw one other preson running and just a few people walking their dogs.

As for the marathon, I am not nervous yet, but I suspect it will start to happen as the start time draws near.

I am heading out early Friday morning for the OBX. My plan is to get in 4-6 miles on Friday. I would like to run them from the starting line. That afternoon, I want to drop by the expo and pick up my stuff.

Then Saturday, I want to run the last 2-4 miles of the finish. This was I am familiar with the starting and finishing areas of the race so I am less likely to encounter any surprises. As for the rest of the course I will drive the course on Saturday morning.

For the reminder of Saturday afternoon and evening I plan to do nothing more than lay around and rest. Most importantly, I want to stay off my feet. Walking around can deaden the legs and it is not a feeling that anyone wants right before running 26 miles.

Comments

Popular Posts