3 Days left until OBX


This morning, I did my last major workout before OBX.


I went down to the McAlpine Greenway because it most closely similates the road and trail sections for OBX. Prepration is everything if you want to do well.


Today, my fartlek workout consisted of the following:


5 minutes with 2 minute recovery

4 minutes with 2 minute recovery

3 minutes with 2 minute recovery

2 minutes with 2 minute recovery

and 1 minute with a 2 minute recovery.


My warmup consisted of the first 10 minutes of the run and the warm down was whatever that was left up to 9 miles miles. I believe it was about 30 to 32 minutes. My total time for the workout was about 67 minutes.

One of the things that I enjoy most about running at McAlpine is the changing of the fall colors. If you run the back half of the 5k course, then you would see the yellow leaves all around the trail. I could probably do that loop 50 times and enjoy it with each and every loop.

Comments

Popular Posts