South Mt 50k postponed

I got the dreaded but not unexpected email yesterday evening that my South Mt 50k set for this weekend had been postponed. Of course, I was disappointed. I was looking forward to lung busting climbs and quad beating descents. Seriously, I was really looking forward to getting back to some trails that I hadn't explored with May '20. The race director cited the potential for difficult travel conditions to the park as being the primary reason. I imagine that he is probably right. Because of the expected large amount of rain and snow expected to fall, this was the best decision. 

He rescheduled it for 3 weeks from Saturday so hopefully, the weather will be a little more cooperative for us. 

But I also wanted to talk about something else that he did. 

He held a Facebook live stream where he went over the pre race instructions and finished with a q & a at the end. I have seen a few of these being held on YouTube but I never lingered long watching them. This time I spent nearly an hour listening to him tell me just about everything that I needed to know. This is an idea that I wish more race directors did. While I realize this is yet another task on their plate that is likely already loaded with numerous race tasks, the one on one feel that it allows the race director to make with each runner is really important. Questions that would often not get asked were being both asked and answered. One of the aspects that I really liked was the turn by turn discussion on the course. This gave me a better understanding of what I was going to be running through. I think that runners like myself really want to know this information. 

So kudos to Brandon for doing this. For more information about Brandon's races, click here.    

Cool Down Runner Adventures

Comments

Popular Posts