Back to back LRs

 I have a few ultras coming in the next few months so since I had the day off from work, I decided that it would be a good time to get in back to back 20s. 

Yesterday, I knocked out a faster than expected 20 so today, I was not expecting as much. Still, I thought getting in some miles on tired legs has to be a good thing. Right? 

I also wanted to throw in some climbing miles, so I headed down to the Crowders. I love the fact that these trails are only a short drive down I-85.

I pushed open my car door and was greeted with a frosty flash of cold air in my face. A real contrast to my comfortable, warm car. 

I pulled on my CamelBak and headed up the Turnback trail. With minutes, I hardly noticed the cold air on my skin. However, I did enjoy the cold, clean air filling my lungs with each breathe. Once I touched the rock at Pinnacle, I headed down the Ridgeline trail to Kings Mt. Trail for a little out and back action. I finished off the run with a couple of laps around the lake to complete 23 miles. 

I finished up before my legs totally gave in to the exhaustion. I might have been able to tough out a few more miles, but I will save those for another day. 

Live each day to its fullest. 

Cool Down Runner Adventures 


Comments

Popular Posts