Charlotte 10 Miler - FAST!

 This week a Start 2 Finish email dropped in to my inbox. Out of curiosity I opened it. They were advertising their upcoming Charlotte 10 miler. This started me reminiscing about my past races on this course. My eye continued reading through the email, and I found myself surprised at one of their changes. 

They are running the entire race on the McMullen greenway. I have run McMullen numerous times. I have to believe that this change will create one of the fastest 10 mile races in the area. The course runs as two out and back sections. The goes down the greenway for about 2 and half miles, turns around, the proceeds in the other direction for what appears to be about 5ish miles. Turns around again and heads back to the finish. While there are plenty small rollers through out this course, there is nothing like those nasty neighborhood climbs from years past. 

This sold me. I signed up. 

Thinking about doing this race, know this. To workaround the mass race start runners will be signing up for a particular starting wave. This is done as part of the runner's registration process. I had a few options but chose the earliest start time - 7:10. The waves are roughly 10 minutes apart. 

7:10 is a early start time but I also know that I will be done before most runners have even left the starting line. Also, I am looking to getting some asphalt running back under my belt. I have run maybe two road races in the last 3 years. This will be a good opportunity for me see what kind of fitness that I have leading in to rest of my spring races. 

Think about it. They may switch the course back next year. 

Cool Down Runner Adventures


Comments

Popular Posts