4 Races

Later this week I will be heading off to Disney for the Dopy Challenge. Through the years, I have often raced multiple races in the same weekend. I have even raced multiple times in the same day. The Dopy Challenge presents a unique running experience. Running 5k, 10k, ½ marathon, and full marathon on successive days will be the hardest of challenge in my running life.

Challenges are what make life so interesting, and I have spent a great deal of time thinking about my game plan. I don’t expect the 5k and 10k to be too bad. Most of us can handle this scenario. The ½ will definitely be harder but it should not totally exhaust my glycogen stores. If there is one race that worries me, this would be the marathon. Legs get tired. Especially, this is true of the hamstrings. Once they go, walking is the only alternative. Combine it with the possibility of bonking and the marathon could turn into a long day. It could happen but I hope not. I have a good nutritional plan prepared both during my down time and during the race. I feel confident that it will see me through.

Most of all, I just want to go enjoy it and have a good time.

Wish me luck,

 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts