Criminal Intent

I realize that the world has both good and bad elements to it. And if given the chance, some people will take the easy road over the hard road. This is just human nature.

This is why our English language contains the word “criminal” in it.

I like to think that I live in a safe neighborhood and am ever vigilant to the dangers around me.

But I am not too foolish to believe that my “safety net” cannot be ripped away at any moment.

 I was reminded of this fact recently when a friend of mine was attacked by three male perpetrators. They put a gun to her head. Then, they struck her in the head with the “but” of the gun. This was all while in the presence of her children. Innocence’s once taken can never be returned.

All these three individuals took was her cell phone.  In reality, they took so much more.  

They took the “peace of mind” that we should all be able to live and consider ourselves safe.  

 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts