Just a little more to go.

On Friday, I headed out for my one of my final two up tempo workouts – a 4 mile tempo followed by 2 x 1 mile repeats on the road. Saturday, I followed things up with my final long run of 16 miles the next day.

After two weeks of reduced miles, my runs are starting to feel a little easier. Even with running hard on Friday and a long run on Saturday, my nine mile run on Sunday went pretty well.  I have my fingers crossed that this trend continues.

My mileage is pretty easy the rest of this week. I have my final up tempo workout on Wednesday, and I plan to throw in a few Tabata workouts – just to remind my legs what I expect them to do in just a few short days.

Otherwise, my plan is to rest, rest, and rest some more.

This is the kind of plan that I am pretty sure I can make work. LOL.

 

Sharing one thought at time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts