K*Swiss Kwicky QT2


On occasion I branch out from my normal Brooks Running shoes. Mainly, this happens when TrySports runs short with shoes of my size. Jeremy returned from the TrySports shoe repository to tell me no size 12 for the Brooks Launch.

What is a runner to do? This is the time to make some lemonade out of lemons.

Browsing of the shoes they had in stock the K*Swiss shoes caught my eye.
Jeremy checked and they had the Kwicky QT2 in my size.

As human beings there are two types of situations (I believe it) that catch our eyes. Either something is very beautiful to gaze upon or something is so ugly that it draws our attention. Then, there is everything in between.

The Kwicky QT2 drew my attention because I don't know how to say it other than it just looked like an ugly shoe to me. Some years ago, Nike produced a sock type shoe. Those shoes felt pretty as I remember it so I thought "why not give these a chance".

Trying them on they felt good. Doing a few strides, they felt equally good.

Thus, I whipped out the credit card and bought a pair.

Sunday, I wore them around my house for maybe 20 minutes. Then, Monday, I ran 10 miles in them with no issues.

The K*Swiss labels it as a light weight trainer or racing shoes. For me, the shoes works best as trainer. And looks aside, the shoes performs as advertised. I don't know if I would get another pair, but I might be open to a different style. Maybe buy something which follows a more typical shoe design.
  • Cost wise, these shoes run around $144 dollar. A little more than some other brands, but still less than the Newtons.
  • Profile: A quick-transition lightweight training and racing shoe. 9.7oz, 274.99g
  • Midsole/Outsole: Guideglide ™ dual-density constructon featuring Blade-Light Technology ™ cushioning and side drainage. 
  • Superfoam ® heel crash pad and footbed. 
  • Aosta II ® heel outsole and Duraplush ™ forefoot outsole. 
  • Dynamic TPU arch support and 3D medial posting for enhanced stability. 
  • Upper: QT2 "quick transition" upper technology for easy- on and - off.
  • ion-mask ™ by P2i hydro-phobic nano technology for state-of-the-art water resistance. 
  • Seamfree ™ technology heat welded seamless upper for total comfort.




Sharing one thought at time,


The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts