Circle of Life run today

You know the old saying that "things come full circle". Well, today they did.

Back in the fall, my hamstring was hurting pretty bad. This was the kind of pain that brings tears to your eyes. Tougher still, I watched while Megan scampered around the PDS track running interval after interval in smoking fast times.

Forward to present day the roles are now reversed. Maybe I should say nearly reversed. I am certainly not running smoking fast splits, but I am without doubt running better than I was last fall. While Megan's overworked hamstring is giving her a hand full.

I totally understand what she is going through. Waking up each morning to wonder if the pain has lessened or "if the stars have aligned" the pain is gone creates a huge drag on a person's mental energy.

But have faith, most injuries will heal. To invoke another euphemism time heals all wounds.


 

Sharing one thought at a time,


 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts