Starting a little up tempo work

The last couple of weeks I have been setting at my keyboard a ton, but I am just not getting much time to write on my blog.

Mainly because the last few weeks have been a blur - with an extended board meeting, then the club race, and then Ultra 10k/50k where some friends were running. Throw in some stuff that I am doing at TrySports – Palmetto Relay and 10/4 race H20 stop we are trying to get organized, and then there is the structure that we are trying to put into place for the ambassador team. We met for a "lessons learned" meeting from the CRC 8k race. "Ugh". Then the 1st of February arrives and the Mileage Program stuff needs to get done, and let's not forget the weekly race results that I pull for the club.

And that's just the side work; I have been doing. My actual paying job has kicked into high gear as well.

Makes me even more tired just setting here typing this post.

"sigh"

Well, February arrived and it is time to begin a new training cycle. My hamstring is coming along very nicely but it is not totally 100% yet. People tell me it really takes a long time for a complete recovery from a bad hamstring pull. Guess this is one of those injuries I just have to ride it out.

That didn't stop me from trying a little up tempo workout Sunday morning during my 10 miler. The first 3 miles I let my body get warmed up nicely, and then I started picking up the pace. Mile one went by in 6:43. Mile two went by in 6:45 slightly up hill. Then twin 6:41 miles for 3 and 4 as I started to settle in to a rhythm. Followed this effort with a nice 3 mile cool down and called it a day.

Total running time was 73 minutes.

This wasn't my best start ever but it was a start. The first step in any process is determining where the bottom is located. Once I know where the bottom is, I can start the journey upwards – climbing the ladder one step at a time.

Next up, I am hitting the roads early in the morning for a 14 miler.

I could go on tonight but I just wanted to share a few quick thoughts before closing down my notebook for the evening.


 

Sharing one thought at time,


 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts