2 x 2 mile with a 3 minute recovery

6 days and one long run later, my training plan had me doing a little 2 by 2 mile with 3 minute recovery yesterday.

Had the option of doing this workout in a few different several places, but opted for McAlpine. My legs seem to work much better when they don't have to handle the rebound of the asphalt. The workout started from the 5k starting line and headed toward Old Bell. I spent quite a bit of time dodging between the Army ROTC students out for their morning workout.

Clocked the first mile in 6:16 and then I tried to really settle in for the 2nd mile. I finished it in 6:23. No feeling of exhaustion or that I couldn't go any further. 3 minutes passed then it was time to head back from Old Bell.

My legs felt sluggish and my hamstring and glut were flaring just a little. I hit the first mile in 6:17 and then liked in the in first interval, I tried to settle. The next mile was clocked in 6:24.

Standing at the finish, I definitely felt like I had more in the tank but was happy to have completed this one without any issues and wanting more.

Baby steps are happening but good steps.


 

Sharing one thought at a time,

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts