Post Disney Marathon Training

With Disney being the first week of January, my training is almost a continuation of the training at the end of 2011.

Only when the Disney is complete, will I start looking at 2012. However, I am not going to immediately jump into another training cycle. After Disney, there will be roughly 3 weeks left in January so for those three weeks; my plan is to have no plan. Each day will be what it is. If I feel like running longer, I will run longer. If my legs are tired, I might just run a mile. Why? Well, for the last few years, I have just stacked one hard training period after another. The transition went from hard running to hard cycling and then back to hard running. Partly, I attribute this to my hamstring injury last fall.

There is an old tire commercial which talks about riding on "borrowed time" once the tires wear down to the threads. In some way, my body has worn down to the threads. May be the time has come to let my body renew itself.

My hope is that 3 weeks will do it, but we will see.


 

Thoughts from the Cool Down Runner


 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts