Narcotics should be avoid within 48 hours of race day

"You think"!

Packing way some the last stuff from Disney, I happened to flipping through the guide for the Disney races. As I was doing so, I stopped on the Medical Tips and Information page and began reading through it. Most of the information made sense. In fact, most of what they was said, I would actually consider to be common sense.

That is until I got down to the section on "Narcotics".

Here's what it said and I quote from the booklet.

"Narcotics should be avoided within 48 hours of race day due to the harm effect on performance, perception, and mental status."

"Duh", I think this is pretty obvious at least to me.

But as I think about it more; maybe there are some people that think it is okay to be loaded when they reach the starting line. I don't see how, but who knows what goes through a person's mind.

I mean, don't you have to be a little wacky to want to run 26.2 miles in the first place. LOL.


 

Sharing some of the crazier thoughts this time,


 

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts