3 weeks into my downtime

After Disney, I just let things go. There has been no hard running and no long running. I just put in whatever feels good. The first couple of weeks were rather ugly because my legs felt like trash. In fact, my entire body felt like trash.

When I was at Disney, the temperature was in the 80s and I was out in shorts and a T-shirt. Warm weather is so much easier to adapt to than cold weather. Returning to Charlotte, the morning temperature shocked my body with some 20 degree days.

Throw-in, I got a cold which left me dragging my body from one day to the next.

Now, I am starting to shake off the effects of the cold and my legs are feeling much better. My hamstring continues to improve. I think because I have living on the hamstring curl machine. With each curl I only allow good thoughts to enter my mind as I flex my right hamstring on the machine. Give me a few more months; my hope is it will be close to normal.

If I am writing about being normal again, then it must be time to think about some fall marathon training. Currently, 11 extremely long and painful minutes separate me from Mr. Beigay. Somehow, I need to weave some magic and see what I can do about closing the gap. I tell you know lie. He was so far in ahead of me at Disney that he was in getting a post race massage before I finished.

However, only time will tell. And after all, 40 something bodies are not expected to run as fast as 30 something bodies. But I have plan………..


 

Sharing one thought at time,


 

The Cool Down Runner


 


 

Comments

Popular Posts