Taking My Final Exam

As today draws to a close, I am looking out the window of my hotel and pondering what tomorrow will bring

Probably everyone has experienced last minute jitters before tackling anything major. I am no exception. Hours of riding the bike and miles building my endurance I just hope it was all enough.

Tomorrow morning at 8 AM I will launch myself on yet another 26 mile trek. This time my race will start from the top of Mt. Pocono, runs through some rolling but tough hills, and down a steep down grade before hitting some more hills and finishing in the Stadium at Stroudsburg High School.

While the course has an overall net elevation, it has many challenging hills. Two of those hills come between 20 and 23 miles. After the OBX marathon over the bridge experience last fall put me in a tough spot, I wanted to find a race which challenged me over those same miles. The Run the Read Marathon met that goal. In addition, the timing was perfect for me. The race fell one week after a Grand Prix race and three weeks before the next. Providing me with adequate time to recover, I should be able to continue with the GP schedule.

Oh well, I will put my jitters aside. I am as prepared as I can be. My training has gone well although maybe I was heavy on the throttle in the final weeks. I have recon the course. I run over the last three miles and the first few miles of the course. I have tried to rest, hydrate, and fuel.

I will just keep my fingers crossed that my legs feel it tomorrow.

Goals:
Good Run: 2:50
Great Run: 2:45
Super Run: 2:40
Rocked the course: sub 2:40

Comments

Popular Posts