Race Morning

Only a couple of hours until the race starts. The butterflies are starting to churn in my stomach.

Usually, I don’t sleep well the night before a race which is probably a good thing. The ladies whom I assume were runners by their very loud conversations were partying in the room next door until well into the morning. Good luck with them actually having a good race.

Last night rain rolled into the area with a huge thunderstorm. I fell asleep to lightning and thunder like you would not believe. I don’t know how long it lasted, but it seemed to go on forever. There is no rain at the hotel right now, but weatherman is forecasting it again with temps no higher than 50 degrees.


This makes selecting the right clothes an absolute must. Wear too much clothing and roast. Wear to little clothing and freeze.

I think I will stick with the arm sleeves, shorts, and singlet. Maybe I will wear my gloves. I will make that decision once we arrive at the starting area. There is about 8 miles to run on top Mt. Pocono. Most likely, those miles will much colder and much more windy than the miles that we run as we get closer to Stroudsburg.

It is now 4:47 AM. At 5:30, I will head to the finish line area which is about a 5 minute drive away. Yeah, I am not walking. Around 6:30, we board the buses for the ride to the starting line.

From there I don’t know, but I figure it out.

Comments

Popular Posts