Chinese fortune cookies – Real or Not

I wanted to write about this topic for the last couple of weeks but I just could seem to find the time or the energy.

The first weekend in May I took my middle daughter to a Chinese restaurant. She just loves Chinese food.

As with most Chinese restaurants, they give you a fortune cookie after the meal. I pretty think of fortune cookies like horoscopes. Interpretation is pretty much up to the reader.

Well, my fortune cookie said.

“Traveling to the east will bring you a great reward”

At the time, I had no idea what it meant.

Now three weeks later, I can say that there is some truth in those fortune cookies.

On the 8th, I narrowly escaped Steve at Twilight. Technically, this race was more south than east of my house, but hey, I am still counting it. Then, on the 9th I ran and won the Beach Blast 5k in Albemarle, NC and with it earned the RRCA NC State 5k Championship. 7 days later, I was in Stroudsburg, PA for a marathon and ran a 2:39 on a cold and windy day.

So after running 3 races in 2 weeks all brought nice rewards in one way or another. Maybe now I will be a believer in Chinese fortune cookies. And maybe I will try Chinese again this week to see what the next 3 weeks hold.

Comments

Popular Posts