Time to ride out side

I  freely admit that I am a fair weather cyclist. If the temperature isn't pushing 80 or above, I shy away from heading out the door.

Fortunately, June has finally settled in on warm days. Therefore, I pulled my road bike off my trainer and headed out the door. This is so much nicer. The wind in my face was awesome. I wish every day was similar.

I am taking my cycling a little different than what I did a few years ago. This time I cruise along on my own. I ride at whatever pace that feel comfortable. I want the enjoy the rides and make them less of a workout. I don't need to ride 25 miles per hour or do a big group ride. Just getting outside these day is worth its weight in gold.

I have seen so many new bikes at the WWC. Makes me wonder what will happen once this pandemic abates. Will those bikes gather dust in the garage or will these people find a new passion that will last the rest of their lives. I certainly hope that it is the latter.

If this pandemic teaches people anything, it should teach than that a healthy life does make a difference.

Hope you are having a fantastic weekend.

The Cool Down Runner




Comments

Popular Posts