The Red Bull Story

As many of you know, I consider the trails at the WWC my home turf. Meaning, I spend a lot of time running there. Well, when you spend a lot of time some place, you get to know the people that work there.

One of those people is Abraham. Abraham works the guard shack pretty much every weekend.

After I don't know how many weeks of me flashing my pass and him waving me through, I decided to stop and introduce myself. After that, I still flashed my pass and he would wave me through, but if there are no cars behind me, I would stop and chat for a minute.

Abraham is super nice guy, and he always has a smile on this face whether the temperatures is 20 degrees or 90 degrees or anywhere in between.

So one morning a few weeks ago, I stopped and chatted for a few minutes. Somehow, the topic got on to needing caffeine to wake up. Seems the thermos of coffee wasn't doing the trick for Abraham. I laughingly said that he needed a Red Bull. That caffeine kick would wake him up for sure. He agreed with a laugh. I went on to say that next weekend, I would bring him a Red Bull.

The following Saturday rolled around. Being a man of my word, I picked up a Red Bull for Abraham on my way to the WWC.

This time, I didn't flash my pass. I rolled the window down and handed him his Red Bull. He laughed and said that he had been looking for me and this was exactly what he needed. I told him that I always keep my promises.

A couple of cars rolled in behind me cutting short our conversation, but we both left thinking the world is a little better. A little kindness to our fellow man or woman goes along way.

The Cool Down Runner

 




Comments

Popular Posts