Nighttime trail run


Early last week, I reached out to Justin about running this past weekend. His email response didn’t surprise me.

“What time?”

I responded with “I am running Tread Nightly next Friday night so I can love to go early but if you want to avoid the spider webs, we can go later”

He came back with “5 AM?”.

“Yep!” I responded.

So Saturday morning, we were off at 5 AM for a bit of night time running. I was happy about getting another shake run with my new Black Diamond head lamp. I like running two head lamps: a head lamp on my head and at my waist. This gives me two perspectives which helps with my depth for the rocks and roots. This new head lamp kicks out 390 lumens but it a bit heavier since it needs a 4 batteries vs. 3 in the older model. I can live with the extra weight 

Wish me luck with Tread Nightly next weekend. It should be fun to kick up a little night time trail dust.

Kickin’ up trail dust,

The Cool Down Runner



Comments

Popular Posts