Energy Boost


Later on during my long runs, I have noticed that my ability to focus starts to waiver. This isn’t so much that my body feels like it running out gas, but rather I start to feel mentally drained. Concentrating on the roots and rocks laying ahead for hours at a time takes its toll, I guess. To combat this, I added some watermelon sports beans to my pack. Something about popping one of the beans in my mouth to chew slowly starts my mouth salivating. In turn, this triggers a response in my brain that energy is coming, and within a few minutes I start to feel better. I noticed this during the Stevest Run and later at the Rivermen 50k run. Both times, I started chewing on the Sports bean. My brain just seemed to be re-energized.

It strange how the body reacts to the stress of running over long periods of time. Even stranger the tricks we play to keep ourselves going.

Tail Dust Comments

The Cool Down Runner

Comments

Popular Posts