Always double check that course map


This weekend, I am running the WWC’s ½ marathon double header, Tread Nightly & Brightly. I enjoyed this race last year so much I decided to return again this year. The course layout was so engrained from my last year that I didn’t think to check the course map until last night. I was shocked to find that they had changed it. Other than a small section that we will do right around the pavilion, we will be running an entirely new course.

This year, we will hit Figure 8, Academy, Thread, Bandit, and Panda, back to Figure 8, to North Main until we turn off near the pavilion.

I didn’t realize yet that they had connected Thread to Bandit. This opens up a ton of possibilities for larger loops.

I excited to see what it like. Although, I am a little concerned about the footing. Fresh trails tend to be muddy. With the rain this week, I suspect that we will be hitting some slippery trails and at night.

I am already planning to use my Hoka trail shoes. I’ll be a little slower do to the weight of the shoes but I will definitely have better traction. This will be key. I suspect that I will see more than a few runners to go down tomorrow night.

Kicking up some trail dust,

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts