MorePro GPS Smart Watch


Recently, I became interested in monitoring my heart rate and sleep patterns at night. I wasn’t sure where this might lead me but I ended up with this MorePro GPS watch.

The watch has a decent profile to it. The watch interface is pretty straight forward. Configuring it required me to download their app. The app connects via standard Bluetooth to the watch. Syncing it is the same as any other syncing process, and it took me only a few minutes.

Once the watch is connected to Bluetooth, anytime I receive a message or phone call, the watch vibrates. Then it shows me the message or the phone number.

I get reminders to stand up, walk, or to just move if I have been setting for a while.

There are a ton of other features which I am still just figuring out. 

The display is off most of the time, and only when I roll my wrist inward does the display light up. I can also turn it on by pressing the hand side button.

The watch does do GPS tracking but I don’t recommend it. I went for a 4 mile run with it, and it burnt through nearly ½ the battery. The GPS was pretty accurate to my Garmin thou.

But to the real reasons that I bought it.

I found my sleep ranges between 7 and 8 hours per night. Nights when I go to bed by 10 PM, I tend to get a longer deep sleep. If my head doesn’t touch the pillow until midnight, I never get more than 15 minutes of a deep sleep. I have to believe that a deep sleep leaves me more rested. 

I also found while sleeping my heart dips below 60 beats per minute, and I have seen it go as low as 42 beats per minute.

As for what this all means, I am still working on this part. I am sure that I will be sharing more of findings. 

Trail dust tails,

The Cool Down Runner
   



Comments

Popular Posts