Walk before you have to


Since signing up for Tunnel Hill 100 miler, my reading on this subject has jumped to new levels. I thought that I knew a lot about running. So far, I feel like a newbie. In some ways, I know that I am.

One of the ways that I have been learning is via Youtube videos. One video that stuck with me was where this guy talks about his experience. One of his suggestions was to walk early on in the race so you have something for later in the race. In simplest terms, take walk breaks to give the running muscle a respite. This extends out one’s ability to run much longer. The real meaning struck home with me during the Vertical Mile race. I was walking up the hill and running around from the top to the bottom. The run walk run strategy seem to work well for me. My 2nd fastest lap was my last lap. Meaning, I still have something left in the tank.

How I transition this to 100 miles? I still don’t know but I have a few more months to figure it out.

Tails from the trail

The Cool Down Runner   

Comments

Popular Posts