100 Miler

I clicked the "process" button on Ultra Signup web page, took a deep breath, waited for the screen to confirm my submit, and then, I asked myself what did I just do. 

Yes, I committed myself to running to no not running a marathon, no not running a 50 miler, but running a 100 mile race. That's like 4 marathons back to back to back to back. 

I am excited and a little scared at the same time. 

So which 100 miler did choose. That would be the Tunnel Hill 100 miler in Vienna, IL on November 9th, 2019. I wanted something where my focus could be just on finishing, and not on tripping over roots and rocks. I can only imagine how tired that I will be over the last 50 miles. For that matter, how tired I will be over the first 50. 

The race is held on a crushed gravel rails to trails coarse. They have loads of first time 100 milers so I will have company during the race.

I am sure in the coming days, weeks, and months that I will have loads of blog post detailing my training and prep for it. 

Tails from the Trails

The Cool Down Runner


Comments

Popular Posts